Mucked Up Experience
Ever fancied taking on Mucked Up yourself? Now you can!
Film your Showreel, complete the Mucked Up Quiz and battle the dreaded Mucky Bucket. Just how Mucked Up will YOU be by the end of it all?
The Mucked Up Experience takes place in the actual Muck Chamber, dumping the same slime, gunge and muck on you that's seen in the show, should you fail!
There are different packages available to you, depending on the experience you'd like. Please do get in touch if you have other requests - we will always do our best to meet any wishes you care to discuss with us.
How it works
- Send us an email, Skype messsage, SMS or WhatsApp message to get things rolling - you can find these at the bottom of the page. We will discuss the package you would like and possible dates for your Mucked Up Experience.
- We will send you an email order via the website for you to pay your deposit (see prices below).
- When the deposit is paid, that date is secure. We reserve the right to release the date to others if the deposit is not paid within 7 days of the initial deposit request email being sent.
- No later than 7 days before your Experience, the balance of your payment should be paid.
- On the day of your Experience, you turn up, you take part, you (hopefully) have fun! The Experience lasts around 2 hours.
- After the Experience is over, you will receive your videos, if this is an option that you have added to your package (see below).
- Basic package is your chance to experience taking part in the show just as a contestant would! You will play the three rounds as seen in the show and be subjected to the same messy forfeits, should you fail to answer correctly! Deposit £100, total cost £350 (balance to be paid no later than 7 days before the Experience. Additional cost for Saturday or Sunday adds £25 to this package.).
- Raw package includes everything in the Basic package plus raw footage recorded from the same angles as those seen in the show. Deposit £125, total cost £400 (balance to be paid no later than 7 days before the Experience).
- Standard Show package includes everything in the Raw package, plus a show edited together in the same way that a real episode would be, without voice-over. Deposit £175, total cost £500 (balance to be paid no later than 7 days before the Experience).
- Complete Show package includes everything in the Show Lite package, along with a full voice-over commentary from Quiz Bob himself. Deposit £200, total cost £600 (balance to be paid no later than 7 days before the Experience).
All prices quoted include VAT.
CURRENTLY TAKING BOOKINGS FOR 2019
What happens at the Experience?
You will be treated in the same way as the contestants on the show. We'll go through the rules, check that you're ok with everything, then play the game! You'll record a Showreel (and be slimed afterwards if you break the rules 3 or more times), have your own Mucked Up sequences to solve then face the Mucky Bucket Top 10 list. Oh, and you'll be thoroughly mucked if you make any mistakes with the same mess that our contestants get dropped over them!
Where does the Experience take place?
We are a 3 minute walk from Birmingham New Street station, right in the centre of Birmingham.There are many car parks nearby. Full location details will be provided upon payment of full balance.
How long does the experience last?
Around 2 hours but please allow for up to 3 hours.
Can I bring friends or family along?
The Experience space is pretty small, so we kindly request that you bring no more than 1 guest.
Can I book an Experience for a friend?
Absolutely, but be aware that if they decide they don't want to take part, we can't issue any refunds! So if you are booking as a surprise, please bear this in mind.
Do you provide clothing? Can I wear my own clothes?
Yes, we have the Mucked Up t-shirts, vest tops, joggers and shorts available for you to wear at no extra cost (available in sizes small, medium and large). You can also choose to wear your own outfit(s) if you prefer, but please be aware that there is not time to wash them afterwards! Our mess does not usually stain, but we cannot guarantee this - so old / dark clothes are recommended.
Do you provide showering facilities?
Of course! We can provide towels, shower gel, shampoo and hair dryer, or feel free to bring your own.
Why is the deposit so high?
Firstly, we need to order in the messy stuff to drop on you! Also, time has to be booked not just for the Experience, but for the hours of preparation beforehand. The deposit becomes higher with the more complex packages as time too needs to be booked for the editing process and voice over to be completed after your Experience.
Why is the whole thing so flipping expensive?
We want to make the Experience for you as enjoyable as possible. This requires time - a lot of preparation (and clean up afterwards) goes into the Experiences. It may seem like only a couple of hours for the contestants, but days of work go into each episode that we release. If you have seen our shows, you will understand that we take great pride in our editing and presentation!
Can I get my deposit back if I change my mind?
If you contact us within 14 days of booking your Experience, and so long as the shoot is more than 14 days away, we will refund your deposit. After 14 days of booking (or within 14 days of the Experience date), the deposit cannot be refunded.
What if I need to change the date / time of my Experience?
Please get in contact with us and we will endeavour to find an alternative for you.
What happens if I do not pay the balance on time?
We will no longer guarantee your experience for the date booked and an alternative date will only be agreed on receipt of the full balance.
How will I receive the videos of the Experience?
They will be sent to you via an email link to download. Raw footage will typically be available within 48 hours of the shoot. Edited shows can take up to 4 weeks, depending on our workload.
Will any of the recorded footage appear online?
No, the footage remains private. Once you have downloaded any videos purchased, we will delete all footage from our servers if you so wish.
Can I make special requests?
We will try to accommodate all wishes if discussed with us prior to paying your deposit.
What is the muck in the final round made of?
That's a closely guarded secret... but rest assured it's safe to drop over people, even if it looks pretty vile!
Can I change my package after booking?
Yes... If you are upgrading your package, you will need to pay the extra deposit amount and it may take slightly longer for videos to be made available after the shoot, since the extra editing time would not yet have been accounted for. If you are downgrading your package, we cannot refund any of the deposit but the balance to pay will be reduced accordingly.
Any other questions? Please get in touch!